25.8.11

Wendy's Chili

This, my friends is an authentic Wendy's recipe. Free to you, right here. Tastes EXACTLY like it, I should know, I used to order 4-ish chili's a week I was so addicted. I'm just trying to figure out the hot sauce, I heard different recipes but after trying them, none of them taste proper. So in the meantime, befriend the young lad at Wendy's and ask him for hot sauce for everything you order. Frosty? hot sauce please !

Ingredients ;

2 pounds lean ground beef
29 oz can tomato sauce
29 oz can kidney beans (with liquid)
1 cup diced onion (or 1 medium onion)
1/2 cup diced green pepper
1/4 cup diced celery (1 stalk)
1 large can diced tomatos (with liquid)
2 teaspoons cumin powder
3 tablespoons chili powder
1-1/2 teaspoons black pepper
2 teaspoons salt

If you're not into thick chili, you can add 1 cup of water. I don't usually, but I have a couple times.

Directions ;

Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium high heat ; drain fat

Crumble beef if you haven't done so while frying

Throw it all in a 12 quart crockpot on low/medium, stir and leave it 'till you're ready for some great chili. Atleast until it heats thoroughly.

Bella's Additions ;
Serve over rice for some 'mexican flare'.
Sir in a couple tablespoons of sour cream for a 'pink chili', it's also very creamy. I do this in my bowl with 1-3 teaspoons as some family members don't like 'pink chili'.
Add a teaspoon more of black pepper & cumin to make it extra spicy.
Put some on a hotdog for a chili dog. If you put water in the recipe you may have to put some in a strainer (or disposable coffee filter) to drain off the excess liquids.
Serve with buns & butter !

This recipe is great for freezing, and un-thaws perfectly in a pot over the stove or in the microwave.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment