Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip
Time: 15 minutes prep + 4 hours refrigeration
1 12 oz package fresh cranberries
1/4 C green onion, chopped
1/4 C cilantro, chopped
1 small jalapeno pepper
1 1/4 C sugar
1/4 t cumin
2 T lemon juice
2 8 oz packages cream cheese
1. Run cranberries through a food processor, or chop them up.
2. Chop green onion, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper into small pieces (Remember the seeds of the jalapeno are HOT, it’s a good idea to wear gloves to protect your hands, and don’t rub your eyes!!).
3. Add all ingredients, except the cream cheese and the wheat thins, into a bowl. Mix them all together, cover and store in the fridge for at least 4 hours. This gives the cranberries time to sweeten.
4. When you are ready to serve, place your cream cheese bricks on a plate, spread the cream cheese out as evenly as you can, and add the cranberry mixture to the top and spread around.
5. Serve with crackers and enjoy!
Remember, recipes like this can be adapted however you see fit. I used canned whole cranberries as I couldn’t find fresh cranberries when I did the grocery shopping. It was still delicious so I can only imagine how fantastic it would be from scratch! The point is, the combination of the cranberries, herbs, and the cream cheese together is wonderful. You can also leave the jalapenos out if you don’t like the heat!