25.6.12

Delicious Chicken Recipe!


Delicious Chicken Recipe!

This is my favourite way to cook my chicken. I adapted it from a recipe I found online (click here for original).

It can be done in the crockpot (mine cooks it in around 4 hours on low, but mine is pretty intense). If you like it crispy you can add the herb mix to some flour (about a cup, depending on the amount of chicken you have) and bake in the oven (30-45 mins). This results in a home-made shake and bake. I do it both ways, depending on how much time I have etc, both are delicious!

I use thighs with skin (I am a skin fan, sorry if that’s gross) and bone-in, but really you can use whatever you like, just adapt the cooking time to suit. These measurements are just a guide, I don’t usually measure anymore.

Ingredients
1-2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1 teaspooon thyme
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup chopped onion
Your choice of chicken
1 cup of flour (if you choose to cook it in the oven)

Procedure:
1. Throw all the ingredients together and cover the chicken in the mixture, shake and bake style, or just a rub.

2. Cook in crockpot (4-6 hours), result is a tender and delicious yummyness.
Cook in oven (30-45 min), result is crispy and delicious yummyness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment