You've read the title, need I say more? Sweet, Chewy, Gooey .. droolworthy!
1/2 lb. bacon, cooked until medium-brown
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup cold, unsalted butter
1 cup cold milk or buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Lightly grease an 8" square pan.
- Chop the cooked bacon into 1/2" pieces.
- Combine the bacon with the remaining syrup ingredients, stirring until well combined.
- Spread the syrup/bacon mixture on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Whisk the dry ingredients for the biscuits together in a bowl. Work in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Add the milk or buttermilk, stirring to make a sticky dough.
- Drop the dough in heaping tablespoonfuls on top of the syrup in the pan.
- Bake the biscuits for 10 minutes. Turn the oven off, and leave them in the oven for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, until golden.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven, and immediately turn the pan over onto a serving plate. Lift off the pan, and scrape any syrup left in the pan onto the biscuits. Pull biscuits apart to serve.